It's All About You

Shhhhh...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

All About Olive

Just thought i would make a mention of the passing of the World's Oldest Blogger - Olive Riley at 108 years old. I have been sitting here trying to decide what to write for a while.. I had begun with "Although i did not know Olive personally.." and then I stopped for a moment. The stories that she has shared from beginning her Blog (or Blob as she would call it) in February 2007, has made me feel like I did know her. I am inspired by her remarkable honesty and willingness to share all aspects of her colourful life from the history making events to the very first time she experienced Thai food. The list could go on and on..
Thank you for sharing all of your memories. I am truly sad to hear of Olive's passing.
Olive passed away on the 12th Of July 2008.
R.I.P Olive Riley

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Gossip girl, thanks for posting a tribute to Ollie. it has been wonderful doing this blog with her the last year and a bit. It has kept me young, I really believe as I'm sure th blog kept her alive.

I really thought she'd make 110. We had a date to go eat some Olives in that year, planted in her native broken hill the year we went there
to make her movie, All About Olive,

But it was not to be.

Mike the helper